Thursday, August 1, 2013

Introduction and Blog Purpose

So, I'm a fan of Full House Reviewed, and at the end of season 5, Billy Superstar said he was waiting for Small Wonder Reviewed.

Of course, I didn't see it until almost a year later, but, whatever.  Challenge accepted.  There's only 96 episodes, anyway.

Full disclosure: Small Wonder was my first favorite show, and I can never hate it.  I know this because I have seen the episodes as an adult.  But I can recognize how awful it is, and I will be fair.  I just can't hate on the show.  Except for one episode - there is one episode I loathe with my soul, but... let's let that be a surprise.

Now, only the first two seasons are on DVD, and surprise surprise, I have them.  If somehow images I take for this site aren't exactly DVD quality... you know, don't worry about that.  Also, don't worry about how I'm going to review the last two seasons.  The less questions we ask, the better.  Plus, I probably still have them all on VHS - my mom recorded for me back in the 80s.

So, that's the introduction or whatever.  Starting, I think tomorrow, I'm going to update once a week on Fridays like FHR.  Maybe.  I really don't know.  I get lazy, and sometimes ambitious.  I say every Friday, but there are times I'm going to want to do 7 episodes at once, and then times I disappear.  I will try to practice discipline.

Anyway, on with the show!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda

    Although it has been almost 4 years since your first post but I found your blog only today. I'm also a die-hard fan of the show and like what you said, I can never hate it because it is threaded with my good childhood memories.

    But I would disagree with you on one point. This show isn't awful even if you watch this as an adult. This show was creatively written, not so well acted but still is a clean and simple fun show the whole family could watch, but that's just my opinion.

    Also, you said you've all seasons taped on VHS. You're very lucky in that regard. In my case, I bought the first two seasons on Amazon which they released on DVDs, but I couldn't find seasons 3 and 4 anywhere after several exhaustive searches on the Internet. I hope they release the DVDs but I'm not so optimistic.

    Well, thanks for the posts. I enjoyed it. It's nice to see someone sharing the same enthusiasm over Small Wonder.

    Umar Ashraf

    ReplyDelete